We are now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Service Year!
Want to receive MPF news and application alerts? Fill out our Interest Form!
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
The Massachusetts Promise Fellowship (MPF) operates using a scattered site model placing Fellows (AmeriCorps Members) in cities across the state (Greater Boston, North Shore, Cape Cod, South Shore, etc.). Fellows have a strong impact on students thanks to partnerships with nonprofit organizations, schools, and city agencies. When you are accepted into the program, you are assigned to a host site where you will build relationships and deliver out-of-school time (OST) programming to a cohort of young people between the grades of 6-12.
Over the course of your service year, your goal will be to increase youth academic engagement – a key factor in dropout prevention – and/or to support the college and career aspirations of each young person.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be 17 year old by July 1, 2023
- Be willing to comply with a criminal background check and fingerprint check
- Be a U.S. Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident
- Able to serve full-time (40 hours per week) from August, 2023-July, 2024
HOW TO APPLY
- Review the open service positions. Each opening is linked to a service description detailing the Fellow project at one of our partner host sites. Please read through and carefully consider your needs, interests, and goals when making a selection of a potential host site placement for your year of service.
- Complete the online application. Be prepared to choose your preferred host site placements, provide contact information for your references, and upload your resume and cover letter (or audio and work experience in lieu of resume and cover letter).
- In the application you will be asked to select your top five partner host sites. Only choose host sites in which your interests and skills align. As service positions are filled, they will no longer appear on the website.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. All applications received from this point will be contacted within two weeks of submitting their application.
- If you experience any technical issues with completing the application, please email Yuliya Lantsman at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
The Massachusetts Promise Fellowship provides reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities at every stage of the application process. Disclosing a disability or requesting a need for accommodations is a separate process from admissions and will have absolutely no bearing on a candidate’s application status. MPF will make every effort to meet your request, but specific requests are not guaranteed. All disclosed information will be kept confidential and only shared with prospective site placement if requested by the candidate.
If you need to request an accommodation, please contact Yuliya Lantsman at email@example.com
Rolling Application Timeline
|Virtual Screening |
Interview w MPF
|Host Site |
(up to 3)
|Deadline for |
& Host Sites
|1||Jan 29, 2023||Feb 1 – 3||Feb 6 – 10||Feb 13|
|2||Feb 19, 2023||Feb 22 – 24||Feb 27 – Mar 3||Mar 6|
|3||Mar 12, 2023||Mar 15 – 17||Mar 20 – 24||Mar 27|
|4||April 2, 2023||Apr 5 – 7||Apr 10 – 14||Apr 18|
|5||Apr 23, 2023||Apr 26 – 28||May 1 – 5||May 8|
|6||May 14, 2023||May 17 – 19||May 22 – 26||May 30|
|7||May 28, 2023||May 31 – Jun 2||Jun 5 – 9||Jun 12|
|8||Jun 11, 2023||Jun 14 – 16||Jun 20 -23||Jun 26|
|9||Jun 25, 2023||Jun 28 – 30||Jul 3 – 7||Jul 10|
|10||July 9, 2023||Jul 12 – 14||Jul 17 – 21||Jul 24|
Offers are made to candidates who are matched with a Host Site after each round.
Service Position Openings will be removed from the website as they are filled.
Massachusetts Promise Fellowship
Mailing Address: 360 Huntington Ave, 232 YMC, Boston, MA 02115
Phone: 617 – 373- 5312